Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunset, Typhoon and Thunder

Finally back at Sunset at Hollywood Studios. So so so so glad! I love working there it really is a lot of fun and the people are so nice. I have made so many friends from all over America and the world there. On Sunday I worked all day and it was good as I worked mostly at Eddies which I like most of the time. On Monday it rained all day and there was a lot of thunder and lightning. We were supposed to have around 25k people, but we only had like 8k. So the day was extremely boring and very long especially as we had extra magic hours (those are hours where only people who stay at Disney resorts are allowed in the park) from 7pm to 10pm. My feet got wet going to work at 10am and so I had wet shoes and socks all day.

The next day was actually nice and I only worked a short day so it was a pretty good day. At night I went to visit Loren's new apartment at Patterson with Sarah and Ruth and we went to Carnavale which was in celebration of the Italian Carnavale. We got free Italian food which was really delicious and got our photo taken with Italian Mickey and Minnie. Then we played Apples to Apples at Lorens and drank bourbon and coke and we couldn't stop laughing. Sarah won Apples to Apples and she and I and Narelle then went to Magic Kingdom. It was open until 1am and it was like 11pm when we decided to go so by the time we got there we only had just over an hour. We like ran to Space Mountain and there was a 30 minute wait so we went on that and then we went on Speedway and this time my car was an american car with the driving wheel on the right so it was a little bit weird. But oh my God I miss driving so so so so much!! W e also went on Haunted Mansion which was really scary at 1am and with Narelle who was pointing out creepy things that I normally didnt notice! We just missed out on going on Peter Pan so we went to the Bakery and I had a Cinnaman Roll which is so good. Sarah and Narelle had Ice cream cookie sandwhiches which were huge and looked really sickly sweet. I also bought my cousin a birthday present which was good.

Wednesday we went to Typhoon Lagoon which is one of the water parks. It was so much fun! I was a wee bit worried about my ears as they sometime get filled with water and I get an ear infection, but everything was perfecto!! We went on all the water slides and my favourite one was the family raft which coincidentally was the first ride we went on. It was so awesome!! We also went in the wave pool and stayed for the giant surf wave which was really huge and so much fun!!! However after we left, we were waiting for the bus and it fully started storming - we were told that hail was coming and five tornadoes had touched down in Orlando so we ran for it just as the rain started pelting down. We managed to make it to Typhoon cast services just as it got really bad and we were almost squished by a table umbrella that blew away. After we made it inside we watched the rain come down so hard you couldn't even see anything and it was so windy. When the rain had slowed we went back to the bus stop and saw massive branches that had been blown off the trees. It was actually amazing as before the storm started we actually saw the clouds moving like you do in the movies. And we saw a funnel cloud forming was very surreal.

That night I went to Cody's new apartment at Patterson and met his roommates but I was really tired so I didnt go out with them that night. On Thursday I had class at Magic Kingdom it was still raining so we were all walking around in our ponchos and wishing we had gumboots on. The rest of the day we just lazed around our apartment as it was pretty wet out. Friday was a lovely day and it was guttering that I had to work - but the day wasn't half bad. Today was okay as well. I had to close dishes but I got to sleep in as I didn't start until 1pm.

This week we hope to go to Magic Kingdom, Harry Potter World and UNiversal Studios to see Lifehouse so should be an exciting week!! Yay!!

xoxo
E

No comments:

Post a Comment