Friday, July 8, 2011

More Goodbyes

Work has become very monotonous and boring as of late. It really drives me insane when I am working with people that I do not like and I have to remind myself that I only have a few days left; as of now I only have 7 more days of work. So excited about the change, but also a wee bit nervous especially about which job I will have. I still do not know, but on Sunday we will be getting our schedules for that week so if I do not know before then, I will on Sunday! I really hope there are lots of nice people to make friends with at my new job as come August basically all my friends will have gone home. Lisa left last week and Loren and Narelle leave next week. Sarah and Victor leave two weeks after that and Kolbi, Kristen and Rebecca all leave in the first couple of weeks of August. People I have been friends with since January will suddenly no longer be here which officially sucks!!!

Anyway since Lisa was leaving last week we had a fun day at Hollywood Studios last Thursday and then dinner at Applebees on Friday. Thursday was fun! Sarah and I went early and saw the rope drop at Studios and then went to get a fast pass for Toy Story. It was crazy!!! Everybody was basically shepherded to Toy Story but the line for both fast pass and the ride's were massive, so we went and rode the Backlot Tour. When it was over like 35 minutes later there was no queue for fast pass so we got one but it was for 3pm already. Then we went see Beauty and the Beast while we waited for Lisa to arrive. She fully called us just as we finished Beauty and the Beast and asked us to meet her at Beauty and the Beast for the next show - so we ended up watching the show twice in a row. But I really love that show!!!!

Then we met up with Rebecca and went on the Great Movie Ride, Art of Animation and Muppets. Since as Lisa used to work as Disney Junior Live on Stage we watched that also. Unfortunately Lisa didn't tell us that you had to sit on the floor. It has been a very long time since I have sat on the floor for a   long period of time. Luckily the people in front of us left so we were able to stretch our legs out. But we got to see Handy Manny, Little Einsteins and Jake and the Neverland Pirates as well as all our favorite Disney Gang. Lol!!! (Kim and Sarah - Reminded me of our Banana's in Pyjamas excursion!!!!)

We ended up having lunch at work - Lisa and Rebecca had Rosie's and me and Sarah had Eddie's. Then we got Ice cream from Scoops. At 3 pm Sarah and I went on Toy Story and Lisa and Rebecca went on Rock 'n Roller Coaster. It was so much fun but I still only got a rabbit as a prize which is like the fourth lowest prize I am trying to get the next one up which is a beaver. Then we went and watched Indiana Jones and then American Idol. Rebecca and I did Tower of Terror while Sarah drank her Hot Chocolate. After that as Lisa had gone home to pack, we all got Popcorn and watched the finale of American Idol from outside. The girl we voted for didn't win though, but the guy that did was pretty good.

After Studios we came back to Rebecca's and Lisa came over and we watched Tangled as Sarah and Lisa hadn't seen it. We decided that we should have Lazy Thursday this week and just eat junk food and watch videos all day.

I also had a very good night on the Wednesday as we watched Cirque du Soleil's La Nouba. It was fantastic!! I went with Sarah and two of her friends - Katie and Becky, from England. I ended up buying a program of the show as you couldn't take photos. These little girls were absolutely amazing on the diabolos. It was such a good show and I really want to go again before I leave. I even managed to pick up a souvenir Popcorn Bucket that someone had left on the ground after the show!

On Friday after work we all headed to Applebees which was a lot of fun and a great send off for Lisa. Unfortunately we had some annoying people from work who turned up that I really do not like so we sat down one end of the table to them since as they weren't even there to say goodbye to Lisa! Work fully isn't the same without her now and we all miss Lisa so much!! =)

Write Soon

xoxo
E

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you're having a mean-as time

    ReplyDelete