Friday, September 23, 2011

Guess What? It's Fall!

So with September Disney seemed to calm down a little bit as all the Kiddlywinks had gone back to school and our park estimates suddenly went from 26K to 13K a day which is super slow. It is actually kind of boring wen it is slow and I sometimes find myself looking forward to Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas when the park will become extremely busy again - However then I remember how hectic it is when it is busy and how bitchy some of the guests can be and I decide that it is better to be bored than yelled at!

The next week on my days off I ended up hanging out with Courtney which is incredible as we went through like 6 weeks of barely seeing each other as I worked early shifts and she worked late ones - it was crazy as we actually live together! We went to Publix on Wednesday night and I finally bought an umbrella which has proved useful but just adds wood to the "umbrella ella ella" fire!
On Thursday we went to Universal Studios and I finally got to visit Harry Potter World properly after nearly 8 months of living in Orlando. We were gonna go with Ashlea my friend from work but she was unfortunately able to go so we went by ourselves!

First up we went on the Poseidon Tour which used some incredible special effects it was actually pretty amazing in some parts. Then we had a bit of a look around Harry Potter World which was super fun! We went into Zonko's and the Pygmy Puffs were so cute that we both bought one each. Courtney's is pink and is named Shrek after Shrek the sheep (cause we were talking about how it looked like a sheep), mine is Purple and somehow got named Black Sheep, like the movie cause the faces look a wee bit creepy like that creepy genetically engineered lamb in the movie. The stroe clerk who we 'adopted' them from announced that Shrek and Black Sheep were worthy of being adopted by Courtney and I to the whole store and everyone clapped - it was seriously funny!! Afterwards we had a look in the other shops and went to the Ollivanders Wand Experience - where you get to watch (and one kid gets picked out) the scene in the book where Harry's wand chooses him! It was pretty cool for the kid that gets chosen!

Then we went and watched the Sinbad Show which was okay but I found the acting very week and it was pretty boring! Not as much fun as Harry Potter World. After that we went on the Castle ride and we went through the queue which I hadn't been in before. It was awesome we saw the Mirror of Erised, the green houses, the Sorting Hat, The house points counter thingie, Dumbledore's office, the Defence Against the Dark Arts room and the mmoving and talking paintings - so amazing!
Everyone should be proud of me as I kept my eyes open during the spider part of the ride this time and those giant spiders are very scary!!
We ended up going to the three broomsticks for lunch which was fun! We both had the fish and chips which was better than the fish and chips at Epcot but not as good as the ones from home!!
I also finally got to try Butterbeer - Omg IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!!! It kind of tastes like a spider mixed with I ce cream soda taste but I loved it and really want some more!! I also bought my very own wand when I was there it is so cool!!!

After that we went over to Universal Studios and rode on the Mummy ride, Men in Black and The Simpsons rides. All in All we had an awesome day and the weather was perfect in it didnt rain until we got home. Also the lines for the rides were so short coz it is the off season now which rocked!!!

Well I will write soon I swear, promise - maybe later tonight as I am going out to Walmart with Courtney to look for Halloween costume accesories and then tonight Vampire Diaries and Secret Circle are on so lots planned for this evening.

xoxo
E

No comments:

Post a Comment