Thursday, January 20, 2011

Leaving on a Jet plane!!!

Well, well, well tonight is my last night in New Zealand and I can now officially say that I am going to America today!!! Yikes. It is soooo scary! The last few months have whizzed by and it is T minus 10 hours until I start my adventure.

Soooo...tomorrow (today) is going to be a super busy day. I have packed pretty much everything and sorted everything out so all I have to do in the morning is double check I have everything and pack those last minute things i.e. hairbrush. We will leave Timaru at approx. 10am and will arrive at the airport around lunch time as it is only a 2 hour drive north to Christchurch.

Heaps of people are coming to the airport with me. My mum and dad of course, and my Nana Bev and my two cousins, Kelly and Juliet. They are more like sisters as we live only three houses apart and as I have no siblings all of us are really close. Juliet is 24 and 2.5 years older than me and Kelly is just 13. She will be starting Year 9 this year and I am so guttered that I will miss her first year at College (High School). My friend Winsome is going to meet us at the airport aswell and we will have lunch there as my flight doesn't leave until 3.10pm.

Over the last couple of weeks I have been saying goodbye to all my friends and family. It has sort of been hard I guess. But, although I know that I am leaving in only a few hours, the reality and the gravity of the situation hasn't really seemed to sink in yet. Hopefully I don't fall apart when it does.

My flight to Auckland doesn't take very long only 1 hour and 20 minutes. Basically by the time you are up in the air, you only have 40 minutes until you start the descent into Auckland. Once I get into Auckland though I have to change terminals to the international terminal and get through security and customs. I don't have anything to declare so hopefully it won't take too long.
My plane from Auckland to LA doesn't leave until 7.15pm so I will have a little bit of time to relax and ready myself for 12 hours of plane ride. Mum wants me to ring her when I get through customs to make sure I get to Auckland allright and my LA flight isn't delayed.

LAX is what really worries me. My layover is only 2 hours, 15 minutes which is not a whole lot of time to get through security, customs, baggage claim and change terminals and then check-in at least 30 mins prior to my flight leaving at 12.30pm (pacific time). Then I have another stop in Houston but this is only for an hour and I dont have to recheck-in or pick up my bags or even change airlines so I am not too worried about that stop.

I will (all going well) arrive into Orlando at 10pm and since I am staying at POP Century my first two nights in the US the Disney Magical Express will pick me up and take me to Disney for free. Yayy!! Once I get there I will definitely just crash!

I will most likely have to wait until I get to my Disney accommodation on Saturday (Sunday in NZ) before I can write about the plane trip as I am not taking my computer with me.

But there we have it. Off to Disney tomorrow. By the time I get to sleep in a bed again I will be in Disney World!!

xoxo
E

No comments:

Post a Comment