Sunday, October 31, 2010

Next Hallowe'en =)

So today is Hallowe'en or All Hallow's Eve. The day when people dress up in scary masks to scare off the evil spirits before All Saint's Day on November 1st.

I am quite excited to experience Hallowe'en next year. When I was 8 and we came to the US it was for four weeks during September and October, but we left in mid October and so I never got to experience the excitement of a dressed up, lolly filled Hallowe'en. In New Zealand very rarely do you see houses decorated or trick or treaters or anything so it will be really fun to see the American's go all out for this consumerised holiday.

I saw last week's episode of Glee and if youare familliar with it you will know about Sue's Corner. Anyway last week she was talking about Hallowe'en and she said it was a time 'where parents dress their little boys up as little girls and little girls up as whores'. The way she says really offensive things with a completely serious tone is really very funny.

Anyway, I was going to tell that I have now bought my tickets to Orlando and they are non-refundable so I will have to go now.

All up the tickets (from Christchurch to Orlando) will cost $NZ1499. It really isn't too bad coz that is with all the airport taxes etc put in and the travel agent's fee.

My schedule is this:
Jan 20 - 12pm - 1.20pm Christchurch to Auckland
               3.10pm - 6.35am Auckland to LA
               12.30pm-5.44pm LA to Houston
               6.45pm-10.02pm Houston to Orlando

And then a group of us are going to organise to stay at one of the Disney Value Hotels which will work out tyo be only about $US20 a night if there is a few of us.
So yeah should be fun to meet up with people beforehand.

Tuesday is my visa interview so I will be heading up to Auckland for the day. My flight leaves at 6.40am and I have to be at the airport before 6.00am so will have to get up a 5am. Not a fun start to the day. After my interview I have some time to kill, so will probably do some window shopping or maybe go the museum. It is Melbourne Cup day so I hope it is a lucky day and I get my Visa. =)

Well, I will inform you of how my Visa Interview goes

xoxo
E

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ella,

    Who did you get your tickets through?

    I'm going in July but just starting to think about tickets prices etc.

    That seems really cheap compared to other prices i've seen.. Is that price just one way or return?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Natalie

    yeah it is only a one way, but i just found out there if i fly airNZ to LA then I can get a return CHCH TO LA plus the one way to orlando for only another $686 which comes out as just over $1600 chch to LA return before tax. so I thought I might switch to that and then I dont have to worry about return.

    Oh and I went to STA travel. I would advise to sort out your flights early because they just keep getting more expensive.

    Hope to see you over there =)

    ReplyDelete