Monday, March 28, 2011

A Magical Ending

Okay so it has been a few days since I last posted and really that is because this last week has been pretty boring with not a whole lot to talk about.

Okay so I was up to Wednesday where we went to Animal Kingdom for class. It was pretty boring actually as we just had to complete a worksheet about communication and it was so simple I do not understand how this could ever be accredited as a University level paper (the teacher is trying to get it accredited) as the whole paper is ridiculously easy and goes into no depth at all. A year 9 student would be able to complete it!!!! Anyway I walked around with Amanda and Courtney and we decided, as we had nearly finished our worksheets and we still had 30 mins until we were allowed to hand in our assisgnments, that we would go on Expedition Everest. We went in the single rider line so we were sitting next to randoms which was a bit strange but the rollarcoaster was still heaps of fun!!

After Animal Kingdom I went with Courtney to Hollywood Studios and I got popcorn! Was so good!! Lol!! We had a look at some clothes and other merchandise and I finally managed to trade for a Belle pin!! I am quite into my pin trading now - I want my pin collection to be a keepsake of my trip over here so all the pins that I get I want to mean something to me.

On Thursday I went to class which was okay - we talked a lot about diversity and how leaders need to recognise and appreciate diversity among their team. It was interesting but perhaps a wee bit long for the amount of info we were taught. Leadership is a lot better than Disney Interactive though as we actually learn useful information!

After Class Courtney and I walked to Publix which was fun as it was a really nice day out. Drivers are weird here though - the road was busy and so I crossed half way and was going to wait for the car in the other lane as this is how you have to cross roads in Christchurch when it is peak traffic but this car just randomly and dangerously stops in the middle of the road to let me cross in front of it???? So strange!!!! Anyway I managed to get some more food including non sugary bread and hummus! yummy!!! I also bought a webcam, but it is so annoying it doesn't always work and it just turns on randomly and I am not sure why (whether it just needs time to warmup or I am pressing something that I am unaware of???) It is frustrating!!

I also last week made it to Cast Connection where I bought a couple of Disney tops thay are really nice and also thin so perfect for the hot summer heading our way!! I also managed to get to the post office which was good as I had been meaning to go there for a while!!

Sunday brought about my switch to Epcot and I wanted to give it a chance but I hated it!! The whole experience made me appreciate Sunset all the more. The whole week all I wanted to do was come back to Hollywood Studios. It was just so boring there - since as I wasnt trained on anything I just worked Filler (that is filling the orders for the guests), bussing (cleaning tables) and then greeter, where you just say 'hello' and 'have a nice day' to the guests. Plus I didnt know anyone so was extra boring!!! There were some nice people there though! On Wednesday I went to class which was a complete waste of three hours and a DAY OFF!!!! of my life! It was a completely pointless class and the teached had material for maybe 1 of the 3 hours - so boring!!!! That night though I went with Sarah, Loren and Sonia to Panera Bread which was really yum, but so funny when we were the only ones there and the announcer said for everyone to leave!! Kind of Rude much?
After that we walked back to Vista and scared ourselves by talking about Alligators and Snakes!!

Thursday after class I went with Loren and Cody to Hollywood Studios. We were supposed to go there to eat but Cody was being picky so we only watched that days finale show of American Idol which was amazing because there was this 15 year old kid who was really good and half the theatre gave hime a standing ovation including us!!! He won and beat out all the adults -  even the mean judge loved him!!! Anyway we ended going to downtown Disney and after some serious debating we just ate at some mexican fast food place there. Friday I was back to work at Epcot at Fountain view where I bussed and made waffle bowls!! I now hate Waffle Bowls two days of making them officially suck I must have made nearly 800 waffle bowls!! Am so glad to be back at Hollywood Studios now!!!

Okay so the Magical Ending was that on Saturday night after my sucky day at Epcot working, Loren and I went to Magic Kingdom as it was open until 12am. We fully waited in line for like an hour and a half to ride Space Mountain, but that rollarcoaster is so worth it!! Then we went on the Tomorrowland Speedway which was so much fun, although my car was so slow - I was flooring it and could not manage to catch Loren. Was so nice to be driving again though!! I miss it so much!!! THen we ate dinner while we watched Wishes which was nice and relaxing!!

After that we went on the Whinnie the Pooh ride which I love as it brings back all our childhood Pooh memories!! And then we went on Splash Mountain which was epic as half way up the to the top of the ride - right before you go over and zoom down the other side - the ride broke. We were stuck going up a hill and were so scared we were going to roll backwards down it !! Very exciting ride!! We finally made it to the top and got extremely wet but not soaked as we were in the third row and the front row always gets the wettest!

We also managed to go on the Haunted Mansion ride and it was the first time it didn't stop at all during the whole trip whenever I have been on it! We also went on Peter Pan and I love that ride so much!! We also got to see Sarah and Cody working at Emporium which was fun!! I finally managed to buy mickey ears with my name written on and it only cost like 9 dollars. So cheap!!

Before Loren got to Magic Kingdom I also watched the Hall of Presidents which is really funny because Americans float their own boats so much it is ridiculous!!! But I did get a picture with Patriot Mickey yay!!!

Work again tomorrow another long day, but means lots of dosh!!!

Post soon

xoxo
E

No comments:

Post a Comment